Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Photos, at last!

It took me a while, but I have some more photos of Turkey ready to go, thanks to a lot of spare time and a nice high-speed internet connection.

Rather than post them on this blog, I'm going to send you to the actual photo gallery here: https://picasaweb.google.com/bfeigert/TurkeyAprilMay2011 . The blog doesn't do a good job of showing more than a few pictures at once.

As I looked through the 3000-plus pictures (don't worry! I cut them down to about 150), I noticed that there weren't very many photos of my bicycle, or of anyone else cycling. Partly, that's just a problem of not having a full-time documentary filmmaker follow me around. I'm interviewing for that job, though, and I encourage anyone who's looking for an unpaid internship to get in touch. The real reason for the dearth of bike pics is that bicycling--actual road riding, covering miles--was not the main point of this trip. It's a great way to get around, and as I noted in my last post, it opened doors everywhere I went, as people were drawn to the story of Turkey by bike. But as important as the bike was, it was just a key to those doors, not the entrance itself, and certainly not the people and places that lay just over the threshold.

I hope you enjoy the photos. Thanks for following along on the trip!

Ben

1 comment:

  1. Susan Lee recommended your blog to me as I'm heading to Turkey in September for three months. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be sharing it with others as a prelude to show them what a wonderful place I will be visiting. I am considering the idea of teaching English there, as I have my certificate for teaching ESL...ANYWAY, I am hoping you might be able to put in me in touch with the teachers you met in Istanbul...thank you. Margie

    ReplyDelete